Policy & Communications Officer:
- Liaise with the VP (Finance and Operations) concerning administrative and student issues;
- Create or improve upon the environmental, economic and social sustainability policies of the DSU
- Ensure that the DSUSO operates according to its Operational Policies;
- Meet biweekly with the VP (Finance and Operations) to discuss progress and operations of the DSUSO;
- Prepare an annual report on the operations of the DSUSO in conjunction with other DSUSO staff to be submitted to the VP (Finance and Operations) and presented to Council no later than April 30th.
- Report to The Board on the operations regarding the progress of the DSUSO;
- Take on primary responsibility for bringing student sustainability interests to the attention of Dalhousie University administration as well as maintain a professional and functional relationship with said administration.
Marketing and Outreach Officer
- Be responsible for the promotion of the Service to students through available means of advertising;
- Conduct public awareness campaigns concerning sustainability issues;
- In conjunction with the policy officer and other so staff, review data and conclusions of research projects and determine priorities for policy and operational change;
- Look for external funding from governmental and non-governmental grants available to campus sustainability initiatives;
- Coordinate, in conjunction with other so and dsu staff, all so events and relevant happenings (e.g. Green week); and
Campus Initiatives Officer
- Oversee all those campus sustainability initiatives which are
(i) directly run by DSUSO staff or
(ii) made possible through DSUSO funding;
- Ensure strict accountability for all funds distributed by the DSUSO;
- Coordinate with other office staff (Web and Graphic Design Officer, Marketing and Outreach Officer) for the promotion of all DSUSO initiatives.
Events Planner Officer
- Be responsible for the organization and execution of all DSUSO events
- Assist the Marketing & Outreach Officer in advertising events to the Dalhousie community
- Work with other organizations, student societies and faculties in collaborating events.